Skip to main content

First Three Weeks at WSO2

Though leaving the uni life and uni friends and switching to the career life feels very sad ,
I would like to say it was an awesome time period ,I was able to experience during my first three weeks at WSO2.
I started my career from 13th of September 2010.

The first week at WSO2 was full of different experiences including Introduction program,Two-days WSO2 conference,Discussion about products with customers and the fabulous WSO2 birthday party.
The second week began with dividing new comers to teams.I was allocated to GS (Gadget Server)team.
Our team is for developing a web based portal as a dashboard solution to integrate WSO2 back-end products and more as gadgets.

At the first day of WSO2,we were given laptops and the first thing that I was done as a task ,is installing Ubuntu.Since I'm new to Ubuntu environment,I had to get familiarized with friends' support.

Then I started to get the Carbon product to my machine.First I checked out the Carbon product from the trunk and then built it successfully.Though it took couple of days to finish by fixing some build errors.
Since my Product Manager was getting study leave from my second week at WSO2,he gave me a task to do during that time.For that as the initial step, I got familiarized with jQuery,Json,JSP and JavaScript technologies.
During working on this task,I was able to participate some training sessions and get a better idea about OSGI framework,Create OSGI bundles, Importance of OSGI bundles,about Axis2,about WSDL and Web services,Create web services in different ways,etc.

Finally I would say,it's really a great opportunity to start my career from WSO2 and wants to ensure myself as a permanent member of WSO2 family after probation period. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing end-user details from client to real backend endpoint via JWT token

In real-world business system,WSO2 API Manager useful on exposing company APIs, in a secured and controlled manner with the features provided by APIManager as; OAuth support [To secure API invocations] Throttling support [To control API invocations] Monitoring support [To track API usage] More technically what happening is when a user sends a particular API request,it will goes to WSO2 APIManager node and from there,the request will route to the real implemented back-end endpoint of the particular API and get back the response and returned it to the API invoked user. There can be a use-case,that this back-end endpoint may expect the details of API invoked user as to pass those details to some internal company usage  as; Additional authentication/authorization Track usage data from an internal system. So how to support above requirement from WSO2 AM. There comes the use of JSON Web Token[JWT] implementation done inside WSO2 AM. JWT is a means of representing claims to...

TPP Journey through WSO2 Open Banking

Introduction 2018 is all set to be a game-changing year for European banking. The Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) has opened the door to new third party providers [TPPs] to connect with banks and manage finances of bank customers on behalf of them. The PSD2 regulation has mandated banks to expose their core-banking account data and payment services to authorized TPPs to consume. Thus as a bank it’s essential to have a solution which will securely expose their internal banking services to third party providers in a trusted manner. WSO2 Open Banking solution provides all required components to expose bank APIs in a well secured manner in order to become PSD2 compliant. This article explains about the importance of the TPP role in PSD2 domain, the requirements set that banks need to provide for TPPs by PSD2 regulations and how WSO2 Open Banking solution supports these requirements.  From my last blog ,I have given an introduction for PSD2 and WSO2 Open Banking soluti...

How to rollback/commit processing messages from WSO2 ESB when enabled JMS transaction

This blog post describes the below use-case where WSO2 ESB 4.6.0 act as the intermediate channel in-between two JMS queues. The Use-case First messages will be de-queue to a proxy service deployed in WSO2 ESB from an queue in ActiveMQ message broker. Then inside ESB,the incoming messages will undergo with some message mediation flow and then the message will be send to another JMS queue deployed in JBoss server. Inside the ESB,following failures could be happen;            a) Failures during message mediation process failure inside ESB [for example if you                use   dbreportmediator/lookup mediator inside mediation flow,some times failures can                happen due  to database connection failures]          b) Message sending failure,due to endpoint is unavailability.[For example,the JBoss  ...